It is the goal of the Auburn Memorial Library to welcome and assist all patrons in their enjoyment of reading and research. We strive to provide up-to-date materials and technology in order to meet our community's needs.
Applying for a Library Card
An unrestricted library card is required to borrow materials.
Library cards are available for free to persons living in Nemaha County. Outside of Nemaha County there is a yearly fee. To obtain a library card, proof of address and a photo I.D. is required.
The following cards are available:
- Family (one adult and children)
- Individual (one adult)
- Kids' (one child, age 10-17 with parent permission and signature. This card is optional.)
You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card.
- Books: 3 weeks
- Audio Cds: 2 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week
- VHS/DVD: 1 week
- Cake pans: 1 week
- Books: $.25/day | max. $2.00
- Magazines: $.10/day | max. $.50
- VHS/DVD: $1.50/day | max. $3.00
- Audios: $1.00/day | max. $1.00
- Cake Pans: $1.00/day | max. $1.00
- Computer Games: $1.00/day | max. $1.00
Lost & Damaged Items
You will be charged the current replacement cost plus a processing fee. In most cases, if the item is found within 30 days and deemed in an acceptable condition by the library director, a refund will be given. All magazines have a $4.00 replacement cost.
Inter-Library loan is available for books not available in the library collection. The fee for this service is the cost of return postage. It is up to the lending library as to how long a book may be kept.
Computer/Internet Access Guidelines | Library Access Policy
In response to advances in technology and the changing informational needs of the community, the Auburn Library endeavors to develop collections, resources, and services that meet the cultural, informational, recreational, and educational needs of Auburn and Nemaha County. It is within this context that this Library offers access to the internet/computers. Access is a privilege, not a right, and requires responsibility on the part of the user. It is the individual user’s responsibility to demonstrate judgment, respect for others, and appropriate conduct while using Auburn Memorial Library resources and facilities.
All internet resources as well as the other materials found in the library are provided equally to all library users. Parents or guardians, not the library or its staff, are responsible for this internet information selected and/or accessed by their children. Parents and only parents may restrict their children, and only their children, from access to internet resources available through the library. Parents are advised to supervise their children’s internet choices.
- A current library card is necessary when signing up for computer use. The library card should be in good standing, i.e. no fines or overdue books. If patron card fee is due, the user will be given access that day and told it needs to be paid before the next use. Users must also have a basic knowledge of computers and the internet. The library staff will be happy to assist with the use of the internet/computers and answering questions when possible, but may not always be available to assist with all your computer needs.
- The computers are normally available (subject to periodic maintenance) at the following times:
- 10:00 a.m. – 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, and Thursday
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. Saturday
- The use of the computers is on a first-come, first-served basis. Those using the computers are asked to sign up at the circulation desk and will have a limit of one hour or (one use per patron) each day. No more than 2 people from the same family/household may be on at the same time. At the discretion of the librarian, card holders may be allowed additional time at no charge for school work or business related use (up to 1 extra hour).
- Patrons who access the Internet using personal devices with wireless connectivity must still abide by all other library guidelines.
- Patrons may not install personal software on library computers.
- Library computers and/or the Internet may not be used by anyone for illegal activity, or to access illegal materials.
- Users will not access, upload, download, transmit, or distribute pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit language or material.
- Users will not make any attempt to gain unauthorized access to local or remote restricted files or networks, or to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
- Users will respect the privacy of other users, and will refrain from attempting to view or read material being used by others.
- Reasons for termination of session include, but are not limited to, behavior disturbing library patrons or staff, misuse of computer, or illegal activity.
- Copies can be made at a charge of .20 cents for black & white and .50 cents per sheet for color.
Misuse of the computers or Internet access may result in loss of your computer/library privileges.